Welcome! You are at the website of the
New York State Third Party Candidates Listing & Political Commentary Blog
Now In Our 14th Year
Publicity Breeds Name Recognition ==> Name Recognition Breeds Name Familiarity
==>Name Familiarity Breeds Votes
The Mainstream Media would do well to remember this when they tell you that they don't
want to cover a third party candidate because he/she can't win. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy!
This site is intended to do the following:
Give a listing of all third party candidates running for Federal and State offices in New York State.
Give a listing of any Propositions that may appear on the New York State ballot.
Give linking sites where you may go to get further information on the candidate and/or party.
Offers essays in support of third party politics.
Offers other political essays.
There are no statewide elections in New York State this year. The next statewide elections will be in 2018.
Who am I?
What problems do we face?
Why vote third party?
Open the debates and give more coverage to third party candidates!
How do I do a write-in vote?
Did Nader make Gore lose?/Did the U.S. Supreme Court make Bush win?
The Case for Term Limits
A Short Case Against NAFTA
Links To Political Parties Active In New York State (in random order):
Key to notations after State Party names.
* = State Party has a strong Parent National Party.
* = State Party has a weak Parent National Party or one that is in an early formative stage.
* = State Party is independent and does not have a tie to a Parent National Party.
* Libertarian Party of New York State
* Green Party of New York State
* Constitution Party of New York State
* Life and Justice Party of New York State
* Sapient Party of New York State
* America First Party of New York State
* Conservative Party of New York State
* Independence Party of New York State
* Liberal Party of New York State
* Rent is 2 Damn High Party of New York State
* Socialist Workers Party of New York State
* Working Families Party of New York State
* New American Independent Party of New York State
* School Choice Party
* Reform Party
* Women's Equality Party
If you do not see your party listed here, feel free to e-mail the web address and I'll post it.
Other Useful Links:
New York State Board of Elections
Independent Political Report - Great site for news and information on third parties and their candidates
Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections - Very good site for U.S. elections vote history
Open Debates - Organization that fights to open up debates.
Vote From Abroad - Tracks national races
opensecrets.org - Bills itself as "Your Guide to the Money in U.S. Elections"
The Green Papers - Political website dealing with elections
If you would like to send comments to this site, feel some info is incorrect and needs to be corrected, or think that I
left a candidate off of the list, use the following address. Please be sure to give me the full name of the candidate,
the race and district that the person is running in and an e-mail address where the candidate can be reached. This site address is completely spelled out to
prevent web spiders from finding the address and spamming it. Therefore, make sure you substitute the "@" sign for "at" and
the "." for the "dot" in the address.